Joey L presents new Healthcare Heroes series exploring worldwide healthcare. The subjects featured (all photographed prior to the Covid-19 lockdown) include:
- Rwandan nurses in remote, countryside clinics.
- A Cambridge science lab experimenting with stem cells.
- An endocrinology and diabetes clinic in Ethiopia.
- A Swiss science lab researching cures for cancer.
- A doctor in Mongolia serving nomadic people.
- A leukemia survivor in Slovenia who consults other people suffering from blood cancer.